CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: POSITION FOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (ECONOMICS)
Thank you for your interest in the Institute of Chinese Studies, New Delhi!
Duration: One year (probation for 2 months), extendable; full-time/regular (immediate start).
Number of Vacancies: 1
Qualification & Eligibility Criteria:
- Ph.D. in the field of East Asian Studies, or any other of the Social Sciences, with a focus on Chinese economy, with a minimum work/research experience of 2 years.
- Candidates who have recently submitted their doctoral thesis/await defence, will also be considered.
- Candidate should be a creative scholar in the study of Chinese economy or has researched intensively on India-China economic relations, or China’s international economic engagement.
- Excellent research, writing and editorial skills.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Willing to take up administrative responsibilities, with ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines.
- Competence in Chinese language and in the utilization of Chinese source materials for research would be an additional asset.
Research deliverables can be mutually agreed after discussion with the Director. But overall, candidate shall:
- Individually carry out research activities related to own focussed area of research.
- Lead a project undertaken at any time by the Institute.
- Plan, design and implement research projects for the Institute.
- Regular contributions to Commentaries/Issue Briefs, ICS Analysis, ICS Occasional Paper, ICS Research Blogs, Book Reviews.
- Organise round tables, workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings, as and when required.
- Provide leadership to younger scholars.
- Monitor quality of research papers and related guidance.
- Represent ICS at various academic conferences and meetings.
- Support the team on ongoing programme activities.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position
- Research Proposal (maximum 2000 words) stating the purpose of the research, its relevance, research questions and literature review etc. on the subject matter.
- One published writing samples (Research articles preferably in refereed journals).
- List of Articles/Issue Briefs/Commentaries/Media write-ups published.
- Two confidential letters of reference – sent separately and addressed to Honorary Director, ICS.
To apply, you may send in your documents (in a single .pdf file) via e-mail to the Honorary Director, ICS at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com with the subject line: Application for the Position of Research Associate.
Please submit your application by 30 April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 15 days of the receipt of the applications. Kindly mention your current and expected remuneration. The Institute reserves the right to invite suitable candidates for interview.
March 14, 2023
Updated April 11, 2023